By Deborah K. Dietsch,Robert A. M. Stern
- Just the basic details for readers at the cross who are looking to comprehend architecture.
- Covers the highlights of architectural background, from the good Pyramids to Frank Gehry's Guggenheim museum in Bilbao.
- Explains find out how to examine a development and enjoy it. Explains whilst a building's a construction and whilst it really is art.
- Part of Tens contains Ten nice Architectural Masterpieces, Ten largest Architectural and Engineering mess ups, Ten of the main fascinating Architects operating this day, and more.
Read Online or Download Architecture For Dummies PDF
Similar architecture books
This ebook examines the 3 critical price structures which effect panorama architectural perform: the cultured, the social and the environmental, and seeks to find the function that the occupation could be taking part in now and for the longer term. The ebook integrates an research of old resources with modern examine into the ideals and values of practitioners.
This booklet offers new info on concrete homes and construction within the gentle of the common use of prepared combined concrete and new concreting fabrics. This ebook varieties the lawsuits of the RILEM Colloquium held in Hanover, West Germany in
Kissing structure explores the mutual charm among structure and other kinds of latest paintings. during this clean, insightful, and fantastically illustrated ebook, popular architectural critic and student Sylvia Lavin develops the concept that of "kissing" to explain the growing to be intimacy among structure and new forms of art--particularly multimedia installations that ensue in and at the surfaces of buildings--and to trap the sensual cost that's being designed and equipped into architectural surfaces and inside areas at the present time.
An illustrated compendium of a prolific clothier of Ohio church buildings Akron-based architect William P. Ginther (1858–1933) designed sixty-three Roman Catholic church buildings, essentially in Ohio and Pennsylvania. commitment is the 1st booklet to record his architectural designs. by means of combining old photographs with twenty-first-century pictures, writer Anthony J.
- Architecture and Agriculture: A Rural Design Guide
- Food City
- The selfmade land
- Vernacular Architecture (Material Culture)
Extra info for Architecture For Dummies
Architecture For Dummies by Deborah K. Dietsch,Robert A. M. Stern