By Kim Scipes
Read or Download AFL-CIO's Secret War against Developing Country Workers: Solidarity or Sabotage? PDF
Best regional planning books
Throughout Africa land is being commodified: deepest possession is exchanging communal and common tenure; Farms are become collateral for rural credits markets. legislations reform is on the center of this revolution. The Politics of Land Reform in Africa casts a serious highlight in this profound swap in African land financial system.
Worldwide recessions and structural fiscal shifts are motivating govt and enterprise leaders around the world to more and more glance to "their" universities to stimulate local improvement and to give a contribution to nationwide competiveness. The problem is apparent and the query is urgent: How will universities reply?
Providing contemporary study at the overseas integration of infrastructures in Europe, this ebook combines common and methodological chapters and examples from diverse quite a few sectors similar to delivery, electrical energy and verbal exchange networks. specific concentration is at the distinction among the 'Europe of state states' of the 19th century (up to 1914) and the rising 'integrated Europe' after international warfare II.
A lot paintings has been performed on port governance but little has addressed intermodal terminal governance, regardless of the transparent similarities. This e-book fills that hole through developing a governance framework for situating research of intermodal terminals all through their existence cycle. A model of the product lifestyles cycle concept is amended with governance concept to provide a framework masking every one degree of the terminal’s lifestyles cycle, from the preliminary making plans to the numerous judgements taken in regards to the public/private break up in investment mechanisms, possession, determining an operator, specifying KPIs to the operator, surroundings charges, incomes revenue, making sure reasonable entry to all rail carrier operators, and eventually to reconcessioning the terminal to a brand new operator, handling the handover and protecting the terminal all through its existence cycle.
- Linking Networks: The Formation of Common Standards and Visions for Infrastructure Development (Transport and Society)
- The Dynamics of Regional Growth in Europe: Social and Political Factors (Oxford Geographical and Environmental Studies Series)
- Future Cities: Dynamics and Sustainability (Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries)
- Sustainability and Short-term Policies: Improving Governance in Spatial Policy Interventions (Routledge Studies in Environmental Policy and Practice)
- Methods of Interregional and Regional Analysis (Regional Science Studies Series)
- African State Governance: Subnational Politics and National Power
Additional resources for AFL-CIO's Secret War against Developing Country Workers: Solidarity or Sabotage?
AFL-CIO's Secret War against Developing Country Workers: Solidarity or Sabotage? by Kim Scipes